6:05 AM

Almost made it all summer....

Well I almost made it all summer without getting sick., that is until Saturday.

We went to the floating market Saturday with some students, and it was fun, until the end. I will tell you more about that day in a bit but first to update you on my health, since many of you were praying for me.

Sometime during Saturday I ate something that I was not suppose to eat. We ate on the water and the Thai students so sweetly ordered for us. It was family style, with many interesting foods. I was scared to eat some of the foods because I didnt know how "clean" it was, so the germaphobe that I am I decided to stick to the vegetables that were garnish. I now assume that since they were garnish they were not cleaned, and thus were not suppose to be eaten. About an hour after eating the vegetables I began feeling very sick to my stomach. We were on a boat ride for two hours so I knew it would be a while until I could get back home.

I began feeling worse and worse. Long story short, after the boat ride and the bus ride back to the train, (we use plane, trains, and automobiles to get around these parts , ha ha) I was so sick I could not even stand up. I sat at the train station while five of my WONDERFUL teammates fanned me off. I got on the train, barley, but when I got off I was so sick and in so much pain that two of my teammates had to carry me the rest of the way home to the hotel, which is about a mile away. They were my lifesavers!!!!

By the time I got to the hotel I knew I had to get to the hospital. So my supervisor took me to the ER with the help of two of my teammates. We live right down the road from the hospital so this was very convenient. They hurried me in, and confirmed it indeed was food poisoning. They gave me two injections through an IV so the pain would ease quicker. I now know you are never suppose to eat uncooked veggies.

Within the hour the pain began to ease, but still did not feel up to par. I was able to go home though. I stayed in bed the rest of the night and most of the next day.
I have been on meds that have saved my life, and whatever it is is moving through my body. It has been a rough couple of days, but today I feel so much better! Almost back to my normal self.

Through this experience I have been reminded once again how weak humans are, and how in our weakness we must learn to depend on others, as hard as that may be. I am so blessed to have these wonderful people here to take care of me. I love to serve people, but its very hard to be served sometimes (unless its by your momma). Some of the girls took such good care of me while I was here. It was a humbling experience for sure to have to depend on my teammates in a new way.
Our God is the great physician, and what an understatement that is. I am so thankful that it was not worse then it was. It could have been ALOT worse.

2 Corinthians 12:9 "... My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness"

I am so thankful that God has given me good health most of the summer. What a reminder of how weak humans can become so quickly, one minute I was fine, and the next I was so weak I could not stand up. But Gods power is so perfect, even in my weakness. When I am weak, indeed he is strong. I am reminded that I am in control of nothing, and how I must learn to depend even ever so more deeply on my savior each day. Whether I am talking with students, or sick, I am weak. Weather I am so well and able or ill and distraught I am weak. Whether I am happy or I am sad, I am weak. I am weak because I am human, but through him I am redeemed, renewed, refreshed and made strong. What an awesome, powerful, all mighty God I serve.

I just hope I do not have to experience this again, not fun at all!


Thanks for the prayers, and Ill post more soon. LOTS OF GOOD IS HAPPENING, God is MOVING some BIG mountains!!!

0 comments: