11:06 PM

To God be the Glory


I do not have long to post, I am at the university right now. But I might not be able to post for couple of days. Just wanted to give a quick update on the camp.


Thank you to all of those who prayed this weekend for us. I know that the prayers were heard. We had an amazing time at the camp. Ill give you a quick rundown.


Friday we left after all the classes were done. We took a bus about 2 hours north of Bangkok to a resort. Our bus ride was so much fun. To save money we rented a "party bus". It had no air condition but it did have party lights. Ha ha. It was at night so they bus driver turned on the music and lights and we all danced for two hours in the aisle. It was a little cramped, but oh so much fun. We kept it baptist, don't worry ha ha ! But this was a great time for us to just chill with the students.


The resort was beautiful. It was in the mountains/ jungle. We all stayed in little bungalow type houses. I stayed with 6 girls. I had the pretties view out my window when I woke up each morning. I would post pics but unable to at this moment. There was a huge pool, wonderful food, and plenty of trails to go exploring. We took many walks, and found many creatures on our walks, YIKES!


On Friday night we just rested up in our rooms and tried to get to know the Thai students better. Saturday morning we woke up, ate a wonderful breakfast, and then had activities. We painted team flags, and came up with cheers. All of our activities were focused around teaching English in a way that taught the gospel.


After lunch we spent the afternoon hanging out by the pool and talking with students. Saturday night we had a program where once again we played games and sung songs. Some Americans also performed a skit, that explained that we all have baggage in our lives, and we need to learn to lay them at the foot of Jesus. Our supervisor, Tim, and his wife Jill shared the Gospel as well. Then we broke up into small groups and talked about everything.


While talking with some Americans last night about the weekend, the best way we could describe it was that we thought it was very fruitful. Out of 26 students, about 15 are very very interested in learning more about Jesus, and about 5 of those have talked very seriously about accepting him as their savior. We were so blessed this weekend with the direction and wisdom of the Lord. I truly saw his hand working throughout the weekend. We serve such a divine God. The way he orchestrated everything just amazes me. So many of the students just had a desire to know about our joy. We had several students that opened up to us, and poured out their hearts to us. They told us that they were seeking what we had.


I am just amazed. This summer has been so different from all other mission trips I have been on. We truly have been shown again the power of prayer. Prayer is such a powerful thing! To see how God is working through us by the testament of these students just proves that God is a sovereign, all knowing God who directs us to the ones he is working on. I am challenged so many times because I doubt that certain students would ever be interested in the gospel, and so many times I am wrong. The ones you would least expect are the ones who are searching.


I know that there were many seeds planted this weekend. Today we have already met up with many of the students on the trip. Twice already today I have talked with students that attended the camp about what it means to be a Christan. God is moving in this place.


I am filled with such indescribable joy today. I trust that when we leave this place in a week and a half that the Holy Spirit will not. This summer has taught me personally so much about my savior. Our God's mercy is so deep, and his love is wide.


Please pray that the Holy Spirit continues to work on these hearts! I pray that we are given the time that is needed to spend with these students before we leave. I hope that God enriches these relationships so that when we leave the relationships can sustain. (Praise God for facebook! Seriously!)


A week and a half, wow. I better not talk about it or I might cry!


Tonight we are going south to the beach for a few days. We will get on a bus and drive 14 hours through the night. Pray for safety for our team, I am soooooo excited! Cant wait!!!

0 comments: