1:29 AM

Chang Mai

Hey guys, quick update.

Yesterday we began our upcountry trip to Chang Mai. Its about an 8 hour lonnng bus ride north of Bangkok. I was a little woried about the bus trip, but it went great. Our bus was the nicest bus I had ever seen or been on. It was a double decker, and we all had recliners in seats. I had my first Thai food at the bus stop on the way up here. It was so bad I almost threw up. This obviously worried me somewhat because I am here for two months! But as soon as I got to the city it got much much better. Even found me some home fry potatoes! wonderful!

Last night we went to the city market. It was so amazing. Nothing at all like the markets in America. There were sooo many things to look at and buy for so cheap. I bought some of the coolest shoes for just six dollars. To eat we had to go in the temple. While we were sitting there all of the sudden a song came on, we looked around and everyone was standing up. Quickly we relized that all Thai people sing their national anthum at 6 oclock, no matter where they are.

While we were at the market, as fun as it was, I saw the first glimps of some tough stuff. There were children begging on the side of the roads with broken arms and legs. This was tough for me to see. We also saw many people worshiping idols. It is so hard for me to think about people putting there faith into a metal object.

On a lighter note, more to come on the subject above later.

A few of us got back and foot rubs in the market for two dollars. Seriously the BEST back and foot rub ever! My mother should be jealous.

Our hotel is nice, clean at least. Showers are interesting, just a hose out of the wall, in the middle of the bathroom. No curtain...

Today we went to several factories, a silk, umbrella, silver, and jewlry. It was a very neat experience to see how these things were made.

They are giving us these first few days to see some sights and catch up on sleep before we start working.

I have so much more to say and will tommorrow but I am almost out of time, and still want to post some videos.

Things are going great!!!

0 comments: