6:19 AM

Dear Daddy

So tomorrow is Fathers day and if you don't mind I thought I would give a little shout out to my best-est buddy in the whole world, my daddy.

God has blessed me beyond measure with God fearing and God loving parents. I cannot tell you enough how much these two people mean to me. When I wanted to come on this trip to Thailand the first thing that crossed my mind was how in the world am I going to convince my parents to let me hop on a plane, cancel all my plans for the summer, and move to Bangkok. I knew it would be impossible. Not that I think my parents were just stubborn, but I thought that any parent would say no. So I began to pray, and pray hard. I mentioned it to my parents and they kindly listened and said they would think about it. But then one day my dad called me while I was cooking supper and told me he had been praying about it and he really felt that I should go to Thailand. I remember getting off the phone and just crying because I knew if I had my dads support that I could, and would make it to Thailand. Now I am not saying it was easy on them to let me get on a plane in go half way around the world, in fact it was far opposite of easy. They were honest, loving, caring and excited; but they were also terrified, sad, and scared. How hard it must be to let your child move around the world. But I knew I would be ok...

I would be ok because no matter how far away from my family I might be they never are to far to support me. My dad has told me for many many years that I am a survivor. When I was walking through the jungle I could hear him saying it, when I am exhausted and hot I can hear him saying it. My father has taught me to stay strong, have fun, and trust the Lord. Of course my father is far from perfect, we all are. But one thing my daddy is perfect at being is teaching me to do whatever it takes to follow the Lord. He has always supported me, poured into me and loved me. I am blessed beyond measure to have parents that raised me in the word. I told my mom when I left that they should know that they have accomplished what they promised the church they would do when I was an infant. To raise me in a way that I can glorify the name of Christ. Not to be self-righteous at all, but what better place to have your child on fathers day then right where God wants her.

Daddy, I hope you know I love you with my whole entire heart. Thank you for being the man in my life that always will love me no matter what. Thank you for letting me take this adventure that God has allowed me to have. Thank you for showing me that I have a heavenly father that loves me more then you or momma ever could comprehend. Thank you for being my friend, my dad, and most of all my buddy. I am honored to be your daughter. I will never know a man as smart as you. I love you very much. I cannot wait to see you in July. Happy fathers day!!!!!!!

0 comments: