6:17 AM

quick update

The Texas team woke up early and caught a bus to the University. They were having a freshman orientation and invited us to introduce ourselves. We had to get up and speak in front of about six hundred students. I thoroughly enjoyed that. Well we prayed for opportunity and the Lord defiantly gave it to us. The professor that we are working with is requiring all freshman engineer students to come and talk with one of the Texas students before we leave. They must do this for a grade and we must sign off that they do it. This is WONDERFUL for us, meaning that we now WILL get to have a conversation with EVERY SINGLE freshman engineering student. How neat! This professor has opened up many doors for us, I pray we can impact him as well.

Tonight we took students that we have met during the week to the market. I had no idea that JJ market is the largest outdoor market IN THE WORLD! Talk about big and talk about a lot of stuff. We had several students show up and a few that I had invited myself. We had so much fun! I bought all my girls that came matching bracelets, they loved them. They kept buying me stuff too. We actually found a entire Texas corner that sold Texas stuff and played country music. I got to show the students lots of cool things. Tomorrow some of those girls are coming to church and then lunch at the park. I really hope this is the beginning of something. I cannot tell you enough how amazing it is to see the language barrier go right out the window. We could not communicate with our mouths at all, but that did not stop us from having a great time.

While we were shopping one of the girls stopped and picked up a figuring of buddah and showed me. I listened to her and then I looked down and there was a cross with Jesus hanging on it right next to the buddahs. This is the first Jesus figuring I have seen since I have been here, and there was only one there. I got to pick up the Jesus and show it to her. I asked her if she knew who Jesus was and she said he was God. I said she was correct and then she giggled and walked off. It was not much, but it was a moment. I am thankful for those small moments.

Im going to try to get some good rest tonight. Hope all is well on your side of the world!!

0 comments: