1:57 PM

Where in the World is Amy?

I cant believe that in just three more days I will get on an airplane and fly half way around the world. To be exact its 9190.812 miles if I figured it right. Its about as far around the world as you can go before you start coming back. Bangkok Thailand, crazy to me still. Thailand always seemed so extremely foreign to me growing up. Honestly until I got to college I could not even tell you where Thailand was, sad I know. One thing I did have right is it is foreign, and it is far.

There is a team of six Texas college students traveling over together. We are all from different state universities, mine being the best, Go bobcats! :) Like me, most of us have never been overseas. This will be a new experience for sure for all of us. We all come from very different backgrounds, with very different personalities, likes, and dislikes. But I am thrilled with the people God has chosen for this team. It will be a wonderful mesh of personalities that are all made in the image of Christ. How neat! I am so excited to see how the Lord is going to use our team.
When we arrive in Bangkok we will jump on a bus and travel several hours upcountry to rural Thailand. There we will stay in villages and interact with the natives. It will be a real stretching experience for us. We will stay in the jungle about a week and a half helping out however we can. Hopefully we can share Christ with this lost people group. After that week and a half we will head back to Bangkok.
Once we are back in Bangkok we will begin our ministries at the universities. As of now all we know is that we will be teaching English to Thai students. I feel sorry for my students, they might learn a few "Texan" words thrown in with the appropriate "English" ones! Like "fixin" and "waRsh" Ha ha. Obviously our ultimate goal will be to share Christ with these students, but smaller goals are just to invest and pour into their lives in a way that Jesus would, by loving them. Upon our departure we hope to have introduced the students to local Thai Christians and churches.
I heard ill be a rock-star over there since I'm American. Pretty pumped about that! ha ha But more then anything I am looking forward to the Lord revealing himself to me in a way he never has.
There is much more to come! Keep checking back!!!

0 comments: