10:23 AM

Long day

What a day, just such a great God breathed day. I felt re-energized and ready to hit the ground running this morning. Last night the Texas team had a wonderful time of worship and fellowship with each other. Just the six of us dug into the word and really worked some things out. I will be honest that we are tired, and dragging. We all feel like it is taking a while to get into the groove of things and that we have not slowed down since we landed in Bangkok. And the truth is really we have not.

There is something about being with people alllll of the time and not having any “Amy” that gets to you after a few weeks. Texas is going through philippines right now as a team. Our team prayed that we could have the heart of Jesus making nothing of ourselves and being servants. While walking on campus I keep telling myself to” do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better then myself.” Its very hard not to want to find a cool place to sit down, or to seek students that are of the same nature as yourself. But if we pray for God to send the people to us that need to be sent then we must be confident in that prayer. I ask you to join in the prayer that our team encounters those and receives those that we are suppose to. I pray that the Lord lifts the vail that is between us and them, so that they not only will hear the gospel, but that it will remain and resonate in their hearts and minds. Please pray that we learn to honestly not do things out of selfish ambition. Pray that the Lord continues to build us up in the word and in our prayer lives.

I am very thankful that the Lord has reminded our team once again of our purpose. In everything I want to be selfless and have the heart of a servant that is joyful. I praise God that coming together as believers can give you the boost you need to be ready to hit the road going.

On to today...

So we got to the campus and met with some international students. These students were very fluent in their english so it was very fun to have more then a short conversation with them. They also were business students so this was so much fun for me. I actually got to go to a international management class to help students. I had actually taken this class last semester. Some of the students were very confused on their assignments and the teacher actually allowed me to help them out. Talk about opportunity and fun for me.... I felt smart.. ha ha ha. I got several numbers from these students so hopefully I will be able to contact them again. I could have stayed in those classes all day for fun, but really could not. We went on yet another tour of this very small campus. Every new student we have thinks we have not seen their campus yet, and insist on taking us on a tour. Let me tell you, I can show you around anywhere. We went on a tour of the media center today as well, it was interesting.

I connected very well with the girls that took us around today. They continually asked me to go out and party with them tonight. Of course I wouldn't but it was neat to get to explain to them why I would not. I know that these girls are going to be hard to minister to but I hope that God gives me more opportunity with the girls. I hope that I can share the gospel with them soon.

Tonight after a very loooonnng bus ride through the city, we went to “Friday night life” at the baptist student center. Friday night life is a program that teaches english in a fun way. There were many many many Americans there that are from all over the country. They are there serving as full/ part time missionaries. It was fun to meet them.

When we got there each American sat with about three other Thai people. We sang American songs, played a game, and gave a lesson. The best part was the singing. Best thing ever. They were trying to teach them the sounds of R, V, and L tonight. So the song choices that had these sound in them were quite hilarious to say the least. We sang, L.O.V.E (l is for the way you look at me.. o is for the only one is see...) we sang love potion number nine, and country roads take me home. I LOVED it.. we are still singing the songs. I just have no clue how or why they picked those songs to sing, soooo funny for the Americans to see these THAI people trying to sing these songs. We also sang one worship song.

The way they teach is very smart and interesting. They are going through the alphabet and talking about biblical words. Tonight we talked about the word “declare”. We talked about synonyms, meanings, tenses ect. They were suppose to tell things they declared, and then at the end they had to fill our a passage using the words they used. The passage was, “ the heavens declare the glory of God. No one has ever seen God but Jesus has declared him. Jesus was not just a man but he was a God born to man. All Christians declare Christ because he has changed their lives and they love him”

As simple as it was they still hear things about Jesus. I was very impressed with their teaching styles and was so happy to have been able to help. I hope that I will be able to help out at the BSC more often. Pray for these missionaries that they can continue to pour into these people, help them with English, and share the gospel with them.

Today I saw the spots where all the protesting took place. It is a very pretty part of town. If you were wondering, as of now everything is back to normal. It was very strange walking on the very streets in which I had seen on CNN just a few weeks ago. I got some photos of some of the burnt buildings. We also road the sky-train tonight. I cant get over how clean public transportation is. When we got back to the hotel we all piled in a room to watch the world cup. It was a fun time with all the Americans. We have been blessed to all get along. I know some life long friendships are being made. Right now its pouring outside, and I am snuggled up ready to go to bed.

Tomomrrow we are taking several students to JJ, a street market. Pray that students come and we can build relationships with them in a calm environment. I am excited.

There was a list of things I wanted to right about but cannot remember any of them right now. Feel free to leave questions if you have any. Hope all is well in the state... How is the oil spill? Hard to tell with the media... would love to know.

Oh and I just heard that a group of missionaries in Boston were killed in a car wreck tonight. They were from Tennessee I believe. Pray for these families.

3 comments:

ab said...

Oil spill update: The President had a speech this week to address the issue. Everything is still in the "unknown" state but looking like August until they can drill another well to resolve some of the issues. However, it's not for sure. There is purpose in this and the Lord will provide for all of the families affected!! I can't help but stand in AWE of God's creation when a huge body of workers cannot seem to discover the depth of the ocean and it's being. What a picture of God's unending love for us!! As for you, keep up the selfless work for the kingdom!

Dad said...

Amy. I sure am missing you. Dr Gumatto asked about you yesterday and wanted your blog so I gave it to her. She read some of it on my iPhone and giggled the whole time. She was real excited for you and we talked about 30 minutes. She showed me a "Magic Jack" that she plugs into her computor and talks to her family in Phillipnes for free. She got it a radioshack. About 20$. Can I get you one and mail it to you? What would your address be? Uncle John is flying into Crane Airport in the morning and wants to take me and Mom to eat breakfast at MyFriends. Don't know what he's up to. Love you lots. Dad

amy parker said...

Thanks amanda for the update!!! Your so sweet. Your encouragement has really helped me alot. Love you girl!